Enough quotes alreadyIt feels like my online life is being swamped with inspirational quotes. And every famous quote is now a little artwork – picture cards glowing with images of flowers and sunsets, of triumphant people on mountain tops with arms out-thrust, or in yoga poses on beaches. It's a sea of robed monks, twinkling fairies and fierce goddesses.
They are overprinted with every wise thought ever expressed, being repeated so often that their impact is turning to mush.
You know what I mean...
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- It’s never too late to be who you could have been.
- Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- The best way to predict the future is to become it.
- Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Life isn’t a matter of milestones but of moments.
- May you always do what you’re afraid to do.
- The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
- What if you realized how powerful you are.
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal.
Do take care to remember these things next time you’re peeling spuds, changing nappies or sorting the sock drawer.
And if you're someone who's addicted to quotes, know that people who are crazy enough to keep on posting a host of quotes are those who never have time to follow their own advice.